El Arrayan BBQ on the Hills
[ Saturday ]
• Duration: Full day (10:00 AM - 18:00 PM)
• Destination: Santiago (El Arrayán).
• Modality: Bike (and Small Hike).
• Route: Santiago (metro Los Dominicos), El Arrayan.
• Includes: Tickets + Complete Bike Equipment+ Lunch (BBQ + Wine +Beer + Juice) + Tour Guide.
• Difficulty (1 - 10): 4 (Aerobic)
• Does not Include: Other foods.
• Restrictions: min 4 persons. (See Terms and Conditions).
Over 12 years of age.. Children between 12 and 16 accompanied by an adult..
What you will Need:
The Route is relatively simple, with generaly small inclinations, and thus any person NON SEDENTARY, who knows how how manage a bike, can realize this activity
Light clothing, trekking shoes, gloves, winter jacket, windbreaker jacket, sunglasses, sunscreen. And if you dare sandals, and bathing suite.
We meet at Metro los Dominicos (End of line 1) at 10:00 Hrs. At the plaza we mount our bikes and head north-east extreme of the city. Within 40 minutes of pedaling through streets with low vehicle flow we will be out of the urban area and entering landscapes with mountains, rivers, and brooks.
We will pedal 40 more minutes through the Arrayan Valley until we reach the Natural Sanctuary Reserve El Arrayan. Here we can rest and refresh ourselves by the river; before starting the hike towards Baños de la Cal.
A 20 minute walk beside the river will take us to Hot and Cold Pools (closed in Winter), which continuously renovate its water that emanantes from a natural spring that originates below the rocks and vegetation.
For the lunch we prepare a delicious Barbecue of meats and vegetables, accompanied with icy cold beers and a glass of Chilean wine.